Monday 24 December 2012

Do you Craftsy?

I discovered Craftsy at the beginning of this year when I read about the free Block of the Month they were running. Free? Sign me up! It just so happened that I'd gifted myself a fat quarter bundle of "Delighted" by the Quilted Fish for Christmas, so I was even fabric'd up and ready to sew. I also managed to convince two of my girlfriends to join me, so we've spent the year making blocks, trying new things, sharing success and failure in equal measure. Sadly, my quilt top is still in 5 rows.. but atleast it's in rows, not individual blocks! I had "more important" things on my pre-Christmas agenda, but completing my Craftsy BOM quilt will be high on my list in the new year. Belinda & Phillipa both managed to complete their quilt tops, and Belinda (who was embarking on her first quilting project) was optimistic that she could get hers completed by tomorrow. Last Friday it was still basted and waiting to be quilted. We'll see!

Needless to say, being the obsessive compulsive collector that I am, it wasn't long before I was signing up for other Craftsy classes left, right and centre. I think I've spent a couple of hundred dollars on classes... and I'm yet to *actually* do any of the classes that I've paid for... yet. I've watched the video tutorials for some, but I've had so much to do that I just haven't been able to commit to putting another project on my plate.. (haha, aside from the "quick" things I decide to do last minute!) That's another one of my resolutions for 2013.. finish my 2012 UFOs and unstarted projects that were on my To Do List, and take my Craftsy classes ;)

So far I've already signed up for Quick Strip Paper Piecing (which I've been watching and itching to try out.. it makes a New York Beauty seem so achievable!), Beyond Basic Machine Quilting, Machine Quilting: Free Motion and more, Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine, Inspired Modern Quilts: 7 Small Projects with Big Style and some free workshops including Creative Quilt Backs, Sewing Machine 911 and of course the Craftsy Block of the Month! I'm going to be busy in 2013, aren't I?!

Unfortunately for me, Craftsy continues to tempt and tantalise me with new, exciting classes! AND they're having a SALE! Oh dear. I'm already trying to decide between Free Motion Quilting a Sampler (for ideas on how to quilt my BOM quilt), Big Techniques from Small Scraps, Color Play for Quilters and Hand Quilting: Heirloom Design & Technique. I hope Santa knows that he can get me a Craftsy class to put in my stocking!

Daily Quilting Deals at Craftsy.com

Disclaimer: I am a Craftsy Affiliate, which means that I earn a small commission if someone signs up for a class after clicking on a link from my blog. I also received a free class for signing up as an affiliate (or rather, I will once I can decide which one I want!). If you'd like to participate you can Join The Craftsy Affiliate Program Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please let me know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Online Quilting Class